Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Liberal Cities are bleeding citizens to Red States
(06-10-2023, 02:06 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Personally, I would be completely fine living with significantly higher taxes if I felt like the system worked for me and I benefitted. The common topic is always healthcare, which is pertinent for me right now. I tore my Achilles tendon last weekend and had surgery this week. I haven’t started receiving bills yet, but I am going to guess the total bill will be between $20k-$30k. I have insurance, but I don’t think insurance will cover my rehab, which will be several months long. If paying 40% in taxes meant that I didn’t have to pay anything, that you didn’t have to pay anything or any of my countrymen and women didn’t have to pay anything then hell yeah, I’d do that. Why wouldn’t I?

Now, there is nowhere in the US that has anything like this, so it definitely lowers my desire to live in a state with higher taxes because I don’t feel as much of a return. It’s part of the reason I live in Oklahoma, aside from my family being here. It’s cheap. Now, it is also a shit hole. However, I can make my money go very far, so I stay here.

You can always move up here, where you wouldn’t have been charged a dime for any of it Wink

Sure, your surgery may have taken another month to be done, but you'd have it (and the rehab) completely covered.

Pro and con to everything.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liberal Cities are bleeding citizens to Red States - Truck_1_0_1_ - 06-11-2023, 12:12 AM