Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA TE Contracts were low across the board
(06-09-2023, 11:30 PM)Housh Wrote: I mean unless you are Kyle Pitts and can double as a WR or you are Kittle Kelce, Waller or another elite guy the position is easily sustainable with just any TE. Honestly if we went into the season with Sample as TE1, Wilcox and Asiasi it’s not like i would’ve labeled the season as over. I honestly wouldn’t have cared. We literally only need a TE that can get 5 yards on a 3rd and short. Uzomah and Hurst did that. Irv will most likely do that. But do you want to pay 10 plus million to a guy just to get a short yardage 3rd downs? This also explains why we didn’t draft Washington. The value at the pick just wasn’t there. We could literally sigh 3 undrafted TEs and they will probably be able to do everything we need.

I don't think that's the take at all.

1) No TE in this FA class got even $8 mill APY.

2) I think people want to see more from a TE than just getting short yardage 3rd downs. I think they'd like to see some good YAC and/or deeper routes from time to time.

3) Irv Smith might be able to do what Hurst/Uzomah did, but there's rightfully a lot of skepticism with his health, and also no one wants to see Sample as a guy getting a significant amount of reps.

The narrative will change if Irv Smith can stay healthy and do what the coaches think he could do if given enough opportunity, but it's a "wait and see" approach from some fans (myself included) because of Smith's, Sample's, and Asiasi's resumes up to this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA TE Contracts were low across the board - ochocincos - 06-11-2023, 02:10 PM