Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac)
(06-11-2023, 02:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: True, but if they can be 80% as good at 15-20% the cost even when both of their contracts are combined?

I am not entirely convinced Pratt took a smaller contract so much as FA for LBs was pretty overloaded and I think teams weren't looking at him as a 3-down LB. I believe his deal ended up making him the highest paid 2-down non-pass-rusher LB in the NFL. Plus he seemed pretty concerned about money during the season, so I don't think he'd turn down a good chunk of money from somewhere else

With Tufele I could see him being 80% as good, dude is strong and knows how to use leverage, is also younger with more upside
than Tupou who I see as just a big non athletic NT that can be good at stopping the run, but Tupou is also on the last year of his 
contract same as Reader. For sure, both of their contracts combined would be cheaper than DJ.

Remember Pratt or someone saying that he got offered more somewhere else, but wanted to stay here chasing the SB, but I could 
be wrong about him being offered more from some other team. 

Dude was one of the highest rated LB's in the NFL last year PFF wise, even if he was only a 2 down LB. He CAN play 3 downs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac) - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-11-2023, 04:09 PM