Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac)
(06-11-2023, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: With Tufele I could see him being 80% as good, dude is strong and knows how to use leverage, is also younger with more upside
than Tupou who I see as just a big non athletic NT that can be good at stopping the run, but Tupou is also on the last year of his 
contract same as Reader. For sure, both of their contracts combined would be cheaper than DJ.

Remember Pratt or someone saying that he got offered more somewhere else, but wanted to stay here chasing the SB, but I could 
be wrong about him being offered more from some other team. 

Dude was one of the highest rated LB's in the NFL last year PFF wise, even if he was only a 2 down LB. He CAN play 3 downs.

Tufele and Tupou are what they are, decent depth players.  They'll get you through a few games while you're #1 gets healthy again, and are good to spell the main man when he needs a breather.  However, going through a season with those two as #1 and #2 at NT would be a rather spooky prospect for me as a fan, and I can only imagine the LBs thoughts on the matter.

On Pratt, I'm glad that he was re-signed.  I was happy that the team drafted him, I am happy with how he has developed into the player he currently is.  I remember a little media fuss last year when he said that he thought of himself as a 3 down, rather than a two down LB.  Not sure about him turning down less money to remain a Bengal, as I didn't see or read anything to that effect. (doesn't mean it didn't happen, and if it was a team with a long way to go, I wouldn't be surprised as he's put in his time with a rebuild)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader estimated extension value (per Sportrac) - SunsetBengal - 06-11-2023, 04:26 PM