Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Election Issues for the middle class
(06-12-2023, 11:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yup. The culture wars are the real issue people seem to be voting on right now. Abortion, LGBTQ issues, guns, crime, etc. That stuff is what gets people to the polls.

I'm 41 and if I were like prior generations and my college was easily paid for by working a regular job, I would have had extra money to invest and if it went up under Bush and Trump and down under Obama and Biden, the GOP would possibly have a republican for life in me.

The GOP has narrowed the scope of who can benefit from their fiscal policies.  I'm not a kid anymore, and I work  hard doing a job conservatives would call "essential" and I "had" to get a degree to do it.  I should be agreeing with Luvnit about how awesome it is to have Trump in there making our bank account get fat, but I was born in 1981 and my ol' man was a veteran who worked in a factory.

So yea, I'm fine with my life and money isn't everything and I'm doing ok.  Still, people like me would be republicans by now if things had stayed the way they were.  Now?  Well, I haven't accumulated wealth, I'm not obsessed with Jesus, and I'm not obsessed with Andrew Tate so meh...the GOP traded Alex P. Keaton for Alex Jones.  You do the math.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Election Issues for the middle class - Nately120 - 06-12-2023, 11:51 AM