Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Election Issues for the middle class
(06-12-2023, 11:55 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I’m only going to comment on one specific part of your post here, but Biden is not underwater overall in the polls. As of today, Biden is still favored over both Trump and DeSantis. You can peruse a variety of polls over on 538 where they aggregate polling results.

Biden vs. Trump is a known commodity where Biden has already won. Despite not being a popular candidate, the majority of the general public despises Trump and he has not gained in popularity since 2020. Trump is so unpopular that Biden received a record amount of votes. That’s pretty telling IMO.

While I agree that there is a lack of enthusiasm for Biden, there is fervent enthusiasm for “anyone but Trump” and Biden would likely win again, IMO. We will have a better picture in the coming months when polling really kicks up but I would not be optimistic if I was a Republican today.

I hope Biden and Harris are the Democratic nominees. I also believe if they are, Joe Manchin will run as a 3rd party candidate because he unelectable in WV as a senator. That is just a hunch based on articles I have read, but if so, could be an issue for any Democratic nominee.

There is a long way until the election. Trump had more votes in a loss than he did when he beat HRC in 2016. To say the majority of the country hates Trump while true, it is not by a wide margin in the swing states where elections are won. Remove popular votes from California and NY and Trumps win the popular vote. My point being heavy populated blue states voting skews the popular vote numbers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Election Issues for the middle class - Luvnit2 - 06-12-2023, 12:19 PM