Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordell Volson-Can be one of the best
(06-12-2023, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't think Volson was a strength at LG in 2022. My issue is a lot of fans pigeon hole rookies and young players. Was Joe Burrow better in year 2 than year 1? Was he better in year 3 versus year 2?

How about Boyd? Did he getter better after his rookie year?

Those NFL players who want to be great need 2 things. The heart and sole to work hard, listen and learn. They also need position coaches and team mates to help them get better.

I think the answer to my question is simple. What rookie peaks as a rookie? I think a rookie rarely peaks, but gets better. A better Volson in 2023 could mean a lot for our offensive line. I say he gets better, but time will tell.

Sometimes, rookies do peak and never get better. I’m not going to say it is often, or that Volson is one or the other but it does happen. We saw a positive trend with Volson as he got better as the season went on. ThTs encouraging. I personally believe he can improve more and be the guy. However, it is very possible that he doesn’t get better than he was last year. It could be out of his control, like an injury, or it could just be him.

Like you said, time will tell. We are getting awfully close to football!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cordell Volson-Can be one of the best - KillerGoose - 06-12-2023, 03:20 PM