Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Election Issues for the middle class
(06-12-2023, 01:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Reaction to the #metoo movement further made me realize that men prefer to tell women what they are afraid of rather than listen to their actual views on things. 

Ladies, you aren't afraid of your domestic partners that are most likely to harm or kill you, you're really scared of strangers on the NYC subway assuming you've ever even been to NYC much less live there.  Buy this gun from me and I assure you that you won't be staring down the barrel of it while standing in your own kitchen.  You'll be using it to shoot some vague Hollywood-driven perception of a faceless and 100% nefarious henchman.

Oh crap, I'm white knighting now.  I'm just a cynic, ignore me.

Stranger killings are relatively rare in the scope of murders, but women are still scared of being assaulted by strangers.  If you listen to them, they will tell you that.  My wife has zero fear of me, but she has fear of being assaulted by a stranger.  My daughter calls me on the phone from Charlotte when she has to walk somewhere at night or waiting outside for an Uber.  I don't mention the obvious, but I guess it's comforting.  They make the Uber driver tell them who they are there to pick up.   At least she has pepper spray.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Election Issues for the middle class - michaelsean - 06-12-2023, 04:56 PM