Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Election Issues for the middle class
(06-12-2023, 04:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Stranger killings are relatively rare in the scope of murders, but women are still scared of being assaulted by strangers.  If you listen to them, they will tell you that.  My wife has zero fear of me, but she has fear of being assaulted by a stranger.  My daughter calls me on the phone from Charlotte when she has to walk somewhere at night or waiting outside for an Uber.  I don't mention the obvious, but I guess it's comforting.  They make the Uber driver tell them who they are there to pick up.   At least she has pepper spray.  

I hear ya, I didn't mean to say women aren't afraid of strangers so much as that vague sort of "Don't worry about me, worry about some unknown stranger out there" mindset.  It really sucks that women have to accept that we as a society are so dangerous for them.  I recall talking to a woman I knew years ago and she said when she jogs she puts a cheap wedding band looking ring on her finger so potential assailants will notice it and assume she has a husband who will notice and care if she goes missing, etc.

It's a real luxury as a man to not have to think about that stuff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Election Issues for the middle class - Nately120 - 06-12-2023, 05:43 PM