Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-12-2023, 07:03 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Are you're implying that the LGBTQIA+ community is a monolith? Does the same apply to the heterosexual community? 

Your statement just seems rather vacuous, because the only actual unified goals of the LGBTQIA+ community are equality and acceptance.  

Well, they all live under the same flag, and consider themselves to be a unified voting bloc, so there is that.

If you are truly concerned with groups that prey on children, shouldn't your real focus and outrage be targeted at straight white males? If you examine the number of actual sexual crimes committed against children by that group, compared to the LGBTQIA+ community, I'm sure you would agree that the former is far more likely to prey on children than the latter. 

That's not what I said.  I said prey upon the minds of the easily influenced children in an attempt to normalize (gain acceptance) of abnormal behavior.

Are all performance arts a display of sexual lifestyle, or is it just drag queens? Do painters, dancers, musicians, etc., fall under this umbrella, or are drag queens just somehow unique? 

If you have a group of five drag queens -- two straight, two gay and one transgender -- what sexual lifestyle is the group displaying? 

Are heterosexuals that partake in various forms of cosplay displaying a sexual lifestyle? 

I was speaking specifically about events such as "drag queen story hour" and the like.  As for other types of entertainers, they are all as equally entitled to succeed or fail according to their merits, it is up to the parents to shield their children from forms of entertainment that does not represent the values which they intend to instill into them.  As for heterosexuals partaking in cosplay?  It's absolutely an expression of sexual fetish lifestyle, and should be kept to the realm of adults with mature, more fully developed minds.

My stance is that children should be allowed to freely become who they are without any external influences or opinions forcing them into a specific box; that also includes the pressure to be straight or binary. 

I also see no issue with children being aware of the existence of all different types of human beings. 

When children become adults, they are free to make their own decisions about their personality and sexuality, the entire point is that children are easily influenced minds incapable of seeing the possible bad outcomes from making permanent, life altering decisions.  That's why they are considered minors under the law, and their parents charged with their protection from harm.

Did you apply this same criteria to yourself with your first two assertions that I quoted? It would appear you didn't since you failed to provide countless volumes of research and peer reviewed writings to back up those claims. Given that fact, would you agree that it gives the appearance of hypocrisy to ask the same of someone else?

You are the one who is professing info like you're some sort of authority on the matter, I just assumed that you must be a published expert on the topics at hand.

However, if you're serious about research and delving more into the topic, I am willing to have an ongoing dialogue on the topic. 

This is a great launch point, that provides you with an incredible amount research and writings within the references:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/249807101_A_review_of_parental_involvement_in_sex_education_The_role_for_effective_communication_in_British_families

Thanks, but no thanks.  I've gathered enough information over the course of my 54 years from experiences and personal interactions and relationships with friends and family on various sides of the sexuality spectrum to have formed my own opinions.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - SunsetBengal - 06-12-2023, 07:48 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM