Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First New Energy Infrastructure Moves Forward
(06-12-2023, 09:49 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I work for a Surveying firm in Southern Ohio, our biggest client is AEP (American Electric Power).  Likely 60% of our annual revenue is from AEP projects, weather they be for upgrades to existing transmission lines, or greenfield projects to provide stronger support than existing lines can provide.  From what our company owners have been talking about, AEP is gearing up to meet the increased demand for the transition from fossil fuels.  (I know that I didn't provide any stats, etc.  This is just shop talk coming from someone who works in an industry that supports a major energy provider in this region.) 

Sure.  That's not surprising.  And kudos to them for recognizing the need to upgrade, but it emphasizes my point that upgrading isn't happening at the Federal level because they have no control of it.  It's all on the local utilities to make the change.  Perhaps (I think) the 1 trillion$ bill has incentives/financial support to upgrade, but still it's up to the local utilities.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First New Energy Infrastructure Moves Forward - Stewy - 06-13-2023, 09:18 AM