Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First New Energy Infrastructure Moves Forward
(06-12-2023, 10:15 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: That is something, and an issue that many people don't think about at all.  Living n Southern California I am intimately familiar with blackouts.   I don't think people understand the ramifications of this push for EV's.  They suck up enormous amounts of power, equivalent to a running AC unit.  Our power grids just aren't ready for a complete switch to EV's, not even close.

Stewy, what do you think the monetary investment would need to be to fully modernize our current grids? Obviously that wouldn't all come from the FEd's.

I've seen several estimates from multiple sources, but multiple sources suggest ~2 trillion dollars to upgrade our grids for an EV future.

The US power grid is archaic.  We are one of if not the only modernized societies in the world with power lines above ground, making them extremely susceptible to weather and sabotage.  So in this case, upgrade doesn't just mean better technology, but replace and bury, thus the huge price tag.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First New Energy Infrastructure Moves Forward - Stewy - 06-13-2023, 09:24 AM