Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2024 Election Issues for the middle class
(06-13-2023, 10:36 AM)pally Wrote: Women are raised from babyhood to fear strangers. It is pounded into them.  Some of that hysteria comes from the gun industry trying to push gun ownership and carry on every person.  Gotta have a gun to protect against evil strangers.  Sadly, women should be told they are more likely to be physically injured by someone they know and perhaps even love than a stranger.  But hey, the threat of violence or even actual violence perpetrated by that person in the woman's life isn't enough to get his weapons away from him thus putting the woman in even more serious danger.  Another flaw in the "protect the women" chorus.

Everyone should be wary when in isolated situations that place them in a vulnerable position

I can only repeat what the women in my life tell me.  I don't tell them they are being ridiculous.  I try not to minimize other people's fears, especially to sneak in a little political jab. Yes all people should be cautious, but men aren't subject to would be rapists, and other predators who want the path of least resistance. Nobody is going to grab me from behind leaving work, rape me in my car and then murder me as like happened to a waitress right near the OSU campus when my daughter was a student there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2024 Election Issues for the middle class - michaelsean - 06-13-2023, 10:51 AM