Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong?
(06-13-2023, 03:49 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Well stated. 

To simply state that something exists or occurs on both sides is rather disingenuous unless it's also acknowledged - when demonstrable - that the frequency and severity is far more prevalent on one side. 

If two houses have grease fires in the kitchen, but one also has a gas leak, it's logically justified to call extra attention to the one that is more immediately combustible and dangerous. Saying that both houses have grease fires, and are therefore comparable situations, is ignoring the reality of the gas leak and the consequences that could follow.

It can be well stated all day and still not be germane to what is being discussed.  If it's not germane then it's obfuscation.  No one is surprised or puzzled by why you and Dill would want to ascribe more weight to right wing extremism than left wing.  But it doesn't preclude my position from being true, which is why the apparent refusal to address it lends itself to a suspicion of avoidance.  If we were discussing Germany, for example, we could use the "Hammer Gang" as an excellent example of left wing violence.  But we're discussing the US, so it's not germane.  By the same token if we're discussing speech suppression and violence on college campuses any examples of extremism, right or left, not occurring on college campuses are not relevent to the discussion.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-13-2023, 04:18 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-08-2023, 07:08 PM
Is Bud Light Right And I'm Wrong? - pally - 06-09-2023, 11:50 AM