Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Reader held out of mini-camp for toe issue
(06-15-2023, 11:22 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: Reported that he has gout. While it’s being downplayed as nothing serious, I can testify that gout pain is no joke.  Have dealt with gout for the last 20 years and a flare can keep you off your feet for weeks. Controlled with medication and diet. I just wonder whether gout medication might be on the prohibited list as it may be used as a masking agent?  Hope he gets better and stays away from too many outings at Jack Ruby’s.

Rough, happy I have never had gout. One of my older buddies I drink with gets it sometimes, he loves the red wine same as me, but 
dude can hardly walk when he drinks it. Heard tart cherry juice helps. Nettle tea also is good for it.

(06-15-2023, 11:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Love Reader, easily top 3 current Bengal along with Burrow and Chase, but dude has hardly been a picture of health since coming here. Just something to think about when people start talking about handing him that 3rd contract.

If the Gravedigger can play for us, he is worth it. No player on this team can replace him, love BJ Hill but he is more of a hybrid in 
between a NT and 3-tech. We don't make it to the SB or AFCC 2 years in a row without DJ Reader. He should be more affordable 
because he doesn't play all the time and has his bouts with injuries and now this IMO. Plus his age and the fact he isn't a pass 
rushing 3-tech who are way spendy should keep his contract affordable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: DJ Reader held out of mini-camp for toe issue - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-16-2023, 01:18 PM