Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.63 Average
idea to make sure we win for years
(06-16-2023, 11:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Your comment regarding Chase seemed like an indictment of him or Burrow.  Those other WR's I mentioned don't have a Higgins and they all do well.  I think you may be undervaluing the star potential of JoeyB and Chase....  If they require a superstar WR2 then they are not at the level many of us think they are...

Not at all. I think all 3 are All Pro, and will be for the foreseeable future. Without one, the rest won’t be as good. Kind of like a car with one dead cylinder. Yeah, it will run….not nearly as well when all are flirting, but it will run.

Double/triple teaming Chase, which is what would invariably happen if HIggins leaves, would be a negative for Burrow, Chase and the team overall.

This is especially true given this is probably Boyd’s last year here. Use Boyd’s contract off the books to offset Higgins. Use Mixon’s contract off the books to offset Burrow’s. Won’t cover all, but will cover a lot. Plus, as I mentioned before, the CAP will continue to rise, which also makes keeping this trio together possible. Together they are just so danged hard to defend.

Where this notion of letting your best players walk in the prime of their career for unknown draft picks is insane. To get…..what? Someone who may be as good? Or, more likely, inferior to what we have. Why do that?

You drafted these players. You developed these players. And, you want to dump them for draft pics as a result? What’s the point?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
idea to make sure we win for years - Leon - 06-14-2023, 07:53 PM
RE: idea to make sure we win for years - Graphicguy - 06-17-2023, 10:55 AM