Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer
(06-16-2023, 08:31 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: They will pay burrow... But Burrow is smart enough to know others need money too

That isn't Burrows job or his agents job to take less so that others can be paid.  Is Mike Brown and Family going to take less so others can be paid, of course not. 

Of course they will pay Burrow. The only one who has suggested maybe not to is old fuddy dud Mike Brown, but the winning lately shows Mike may not be the great dictator anymore.  His Daughter and rest of Family will probably pay Burrow, if for no other reason than there really are not gong to be any Cheap starting quarterbacks in NFL anymore. 

Now I do have to say that I thought Bengals HAD to do a Burrow contract over the next 12 weeks. My Mistake.  Burrow will not be a Free Agent until March of 2025.  So it is NEXT summer that the clock is ticking if Burrow not resigned by then.  Of course contracts may go up  even higher in 2024 as quarterbacks such as Allen and Mahomes get more than Lemar Jackson,

We can not expect Burrow to take far less than Mahomes, Allen, Lemar Jackson, Watson, because other Bengals need to be paid also.  Burrow wouldn't have a very good agent if they fell for that one.  If other teams can pay their quarterback, so can Bengals. 

It is good to see Burrow is NOT a free agent after 2023 season.  He is after 2024, so Next Summer the clock will be ticking on keeping Burrow in 2025 and beyond. 

One option would be to go back to the draft, but the Bengals would end up paying a top pick QB and he could be a loser like Klingler or Akili Smith.  It's not a good option.  Super Bowl type quarterbacks do not come out of the draft that often.  The best option is to lock Burrow in long term. Burrow is the best chance for Bengals to win a Super Bowl. 

So of course they will Pay Him, but Fans can not expect Burrow to end up paid less than other top QBs just because others on Bengals need money too.  That would just be Cincinnati going back to being Cheap again.  If other teams can pay top QBs, there is no reason for Burrow not to get what other top QB's get. 

Now one on here said The NFL Owners Meeting has nothing to do with the Salary Cap. I find that hard to believe. I hope he is right that the cap is just going to go UP, regardless of team owners meeting. Let the cap go UP, so that Others Can Be Paid Also, as you say, and Bengals can keep Super Bowl Team together going forward.

If it is true that the salary cap is just going to go UP without team owners meeting in off season, then maybe resigning Burrow after cap goes up in 2024 is a good option. So that others get money also.

It is good to know that Burrow is NOT a free agent until 2025, so they have next off season to resign him. I was afraid it was this year, it is next year.

IMPORTANT ADD ON WITHOUT BUMPING UP ON LIST : ESPN home page this week talking Burrow needed signed and price tag was why I discussed it on Bengals Site. However ESPN is wrong. Bengals have Burrow under contract in 2023 and 2024 and have already agreed to his 2024 contract option. This means Burrow needs signed next year in 2024 for 2025 and beyond. Bengals do not have to resign Burrow before this season starts. ESPN was wrong talking Burrow contract this year, it's next year......Now Bengals can resign Burrow a year early, but they don't have to. I can see as many reasons to reign him in 2024 as i can in 2023. ....Again, ESPN made it sound like Burrow has to be resigned this year, and that is wrong.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ballpark Range To Keep Burrow Long Term This Summer - kevin - 06-17-2023, 01:55 PM