Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eifert NOT ruled out (yet), Green healing
(12-24-2015, 01:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It is simple, most of our fans don't look at blocking for any TE, RB or WR so they miss these guys block more than they run or catch passes. We see the same thing with our DL and backers, they defend the run or tackle much more than they defend the pass or rush the passer. Some fans measure these guys on sacks or passes caught (offensive guys) because they don't know the game well enough to know a guy like Peko plays a role, MJ plays a role and the role is to stop the run first.

Yes, some fans do that, BUT (!) Gresham had an uncanny knack for a badly-timed penalty at least once a game. As damaging as that was, it was his consistently cutting routes short than ended in an INT that drove me absolutely nuts. I can recall several occasions inside the red zone that cost the Bengals TDs and ultimately were pivotal moments in those games. When the Bengals drafted Gresham, I thought he would be all-world. He had great hands and could block. He was a constant disappointment.

His 180 yards receiving and 1 TD do not speak too well of him this year either. And I think Hewitt does a fine job blocking, probably the same level he did when he played last year when Gresham was on the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eifert NOT ruled out (yet), Green healing - MTBengalsFan - 12-24-2015, 01:17 PM