Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eifert NOT ruled out (yet), Green healing
(12-24-2015, 01:17 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Yes, some fans do that, BUT (!) Gresham had an uncanny knack for a badly-timed penalty at least once a game. As damaging as that was, it was his consistently cutting routes short than ended in an INT that drove me absolutely nuts. I can recall several occasions inside the red zone that cost the Bengals TDs and ultimately were pivotal moments in those games. When the Bengals drafted Gresham, I thought he would be all-world. He had great hands and could block. He was a constant disappointment.

His 180 yards receiving and 1 TD do not speak too well of him this year either. And I think Hewitt does a fine job blocking, probably the same level he did when he played last year when Gresham was on the team.
Hewitt rarely blocks from the TE position, he blocks (and well) from the FB position. The difference is Hewitt gets a 2 to 3 yard head start at FB versus on the line. Gresham is and has always been a great blocking TE, known as one of the best pass blocking TE's and how we used against the 3-4 defenses of the Ravens and the Steelers. It is why he was not in routes much due to scheme. I get he made some bad and bone head plays, but his draft position is irrelevant now as he is on a second contract, a contract paying him based on production. I could care less about draft position as I don't have high expectations for rookie picks in the early years as some do.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eifert NOT ruled out (yet), Green healing - Luvnit2 - 12-24-2015, 01:51 PM