Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Carlos Dunlap is returning to the Tri-State
(06-22-2023, 09:15 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I would love to see a clip of Dunlap "taking plays off". I don't remember seeing any where I thought he wasn't showing enough effort. It seems like everyone reads too much into the "business decisions" quote I've seen said that he made. A business decision could be as much as not diving into a pile after the tackle is made or not standing on the side of the pile waiting for more bodies to roll up on your legs.

I've watched him take numerous plays off, more times than I care to remember. He would just stand up and kind of watch the play showing little effort. Of course, that's probably something you can't google for clips. Ninja Taking plays off is something Dunlap has been known for his entire career going back to his draft profile.....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/331498-buyer-beware-carlos-dunlap-has-bust-written-all-over-him

Quote:These flaws would be somewhat negated if Dunlap played with a consistently high motor, but he doesn’t. Dunlap will take a play off from time to time, it's blatant and puts the defense at a huge disadvantage.
Five things to know about new Seahawks defensive end Carlos Dunlap | The Seattle Times
Quote:Daugherty added: “This was a failure on both sides. Part of coaching is solving problems and that can include issues off the field. Dunlap never had this kind of issue with the previous regime, unless you count his occasional unwillingness to practice and the very occasional plays he took off. He’s not alone in that behavior. Dunlap was a questionable draft pick who will leave here as the team’s 2nd-best sacker, ever. His efforts to curb bullying and his frequent visits to urban schools will be noted. Dunlap was a good dude.”
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Carlos Dunlap is returning to the Tri-State - Sled21 - 06-22-2023, 09:19 AM