Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eifert NOT ruled out (yet), Green healing
(12-24-2015, 12:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't get the Gresham stuff either. Dude had over 45 catches every year he wore stripes, was our best receiver in 2 of his 3 playoff games, often went beastmode once he caught the ball, and was a fine blocker.

He was a free agent that a lot of teams wanted; both before and after the surgery to repair a herniated disc that he battle through while playing here.

...you'll have to define "best," because he didn't lead in any playoff game in receptions or yards. We also differ on "a lot of teams wanted" him. The feeds and posts I was watching showed no interest in him to the point people were asking Lap and the beat guys if he'd wind up back here if no one made any offers. For the record, Lap was pretty sure the Bengals wanted nothing to do with him.

(12-24-2015, 03:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Er, the guy is part of a top NFL offense on a 12-2 team and he's pretty helpful if you look beyond fantasy football points.  The main issue I have with the whole "who needs Gresham?" narrative is that it seems as simple as "Eifert is better and we can only have 1 TE, so good riddance."  But whatever, I'm sure Gresham is destroying the Cardinals on the field and off it and Bruce Arians is just letting the cancer run wild.

Being on a 12-2 team doesn't mean anything. Being the second fiddle at tight end also doesn't mean a whole lot... Gresham is also insulated from causing too much harm because they don't depend on him for anything.

If you like Gresham, that's fine. Any argument that suggests the Bengals did, though, is going to be tough to find evidence for.

Gresham was a fine blocker that burned the team too many times when they depended on him. I think they found that skillset replaceable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eifert NOT ruled out (yet), Green healing - gobobro - 12-24-2015, 04:28 PM