Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is The United States In Trouble?
(06-22-2023, 02:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know...we could be in big trouble but the song "Eve Of Destruction" was a #1 58 years ago, so I feel like it's pretty much a given that people in this country spend their lives talking about the good ol' days and worrying about the future while simultaneously saying that kids today have it too easy.

I won't even get political about it...it's just human nature to realize our mortality and convince ourselves we lived in the best of times to be alive and the days we won't be around to see won't be that great, so no big loss on taking our dirt naps.

EDIT - Ok, I'm starting to see that this thread is leaning towards complaining about trans people so it seems pretty redundant.
Not going in a direction about trans people but it's about teachers indoctrinating kids and how that will negatively impact the future.

It's also about order.

Like I said, average empire lasts 250 years and our country seems to be imploding and being invaded.

(06-22-2023, 02:41 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I am not convinced that we are in serious trouble yet, but I don't think we are heading in the right direction. The U.S. has a very high debt-to-GDP ratio, extreme political polarization, declining education and other things that we as a society should be concerned about. I don't think that the U.S. is going to have a catastrophic issue in my lifetime (30), but we have some major issues that I don't know that we are going to fix as a society.
Exactly, and, with money problems, more people will look for escapes with things like drugs and trying to identify as something they're not since they're not happy being themselves while being poor.
(06-22-2023, 02:46 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes.  Mellow

Cry
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is The United States In Trouble? - BFritz21 - 06-22-2023, 02:54 PM
RE: Is The United States In Trouble? - CJD - 06-23-2023, 04:00 AM