Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Is The United States In Trouble?
(06-22-2023, 03:20 PM)Lucidus Wrote: If your statement asserting transgender regret is concerning gender affirming procedures, it's simply not supported by the data. They do not tend to experience regret, and those that do comprise an extremely miniscule percentage.

The NIH provided the following meta-analysis in 2021:

Results:
A total of 27 studies, pooling 7928 transgender patients who underwent any type of GAS, were included. The pooled prevalence of regret after GAS was 1% (95% CI <1%–2%). Overall, 33% underwent transmasculine procedures and 67% transfemenine procedures. The prevalence of regret among patients undergoing transmasculine and transfemenine surgeries was <1% (IC <1%–<1%) and 1% (CI <1%–2%), respectively. A total of 77 patients regretted having had GAS. Twenty-eight had minor and 34 had major regret based on Pfäfflin’s regret classification. The majority had 
clear regret based on Kuiper and Cohen-Kettenis classification.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8099405/
It has only been two years since the actual boom and it generally takes years to know whether a person is happy with the new life, this site, however, says a third of patients regret their transition and many people were pressured by doctors or other transgender people not to voice their regret:

Quote:Many have said their gender identity remained fluid well after the start of treatment, and a third of them expressed regret about their decision to transition from the gender they were assigned at birth. Some said they avoided telling their doctors about detransitioning out of embarrassment or shame. Others said their doctors were ill-equipped to help them with the process. Most often, they talked about how transitioning did not address their mental health problems.

In his continuing search for detransitioners, MacKinnon spent hours scrolling through TikTok and sifting through online forums where people shared their experiences and found comfort from each other. These forays opened his eyes to the online abuse detransitioners receive – not just the usual anti-transgender attacks, but members of the transgender community telling them to “shut up” and even sending death threats.
“I can’t think of any other examples where you’re not allowed to speak about your own healthcare experiences if you didn’t have a good outcome,” MacKinnon told Reuters.

Why do you think that is? 

I know you know........

(06-22-2023, 03:52 PM)Lucidus Wrote: Invaded by who exactly? People who are simply different than you? 

When you state that people are trying to identify as something they're not, you are asserting you know an individuals mind better than they do. How exactly do you determine someone's true internal identity?

People entering this country illegally is an invasion. I could care less if they look like me. I have many minority friends. I had many Spanish-speaking friends in college, some from Mexico, as well as from many other countries, which some were European and Asian.

Just because you identify as something, it doesn't mean you are what you identify as. There is a thing called objective reality.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is The United States In Trouble? - BFritz21 - 06-22-2023, 06:09 PM
RE: Is The United States In Trouble? - CJD - 06-23-2023, 04:00 AM