Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Is it OK for biological males to compete against women?
(06-22-2023, 09:50 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: As I am reading this thread and formulating a reply in my head, I came across this post. 

This is a masterpiece. It sums up perfectly my thoughts and what I wanted to reply. Thank you. You put it into words better than I ever could have. 

I am not in favor of our government wasting time on senseless legislation, but whenever the trans in sports issue starts to cost people opportunities for scholarships, actual scholarships themselves, and even money, then maybe it isn't as senseless as some believe. And while it may only be a "few" or a few "hundred" it needs to be addressed as it will only become more widespread. 

It's interesting to see the mental and logical gymnastics that people are doing to defend the indefensible. From arguing about young children playing sports together, to citing recreational co-ed sports, to girls playing HS football among other things, it laughable. 

Let's be honest, this isn't about any of those things. It is specifically about men playing in women's sports at the highest academic levels. 
It doesn't matter if U7 soccer is co-ed. It doesn't matter if U9 girls soccer kicks U9 boys ass. It doesn't matter that the occasional girls soccer player kicks FGs for the HS football team, she's actually competing UP a level.   

What matters is girls at the highest levels of athletics, the level that is the culmination of years of hard work and the level that can actually bring them recognition, scholarships, and money, could be robbed of those opportunities. It's unfair. And shouldn't be allowed. Period. End of story. Full stop. 

What is ironic is that the ideology that is supposed to be the most supportive of women can suddenly be so anti-woman. To everyone who is defending this absurdity at any level, I have to ask, 'why are you anti-woman and why do you hate them so much?' 

Thank you, and your post is correct.  The issue is basic fairness for biological women.  The trans rights movement has more than a large dollop of misogyny baked into it right now.  99%+ of the issues arising from the TGR movement involve biological men in women's sports/spaces.  There's also the issue of autogynephilia, which honestly seems to fit Lia Thomas to a tee based on first hand accounts of their behavior.

You almost never hear of an issue involving a transgender male, and I honestly can't recall ever hearing of a major issue involving them.  Prominent transgender people like Buck Angel and Caitlyn Jenner point these things out and are immediately attacked and labeled phobes.  There's a reason this movement is losing support, because it's clearly gone too far and it's been largely hijacked by loud extremists who are very comfortable with threats of violence and death, as well as actual violence on occasion.  And, sadly, the people who will bear the brunt of this are the well intentioned transgender women just trying to quietly live their authentic lives.

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/americans-oppose-inclusion-trans-athletes-sports-poll-finds-rcna88940
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-23-2023, 01:34 PM