Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Is it OK for biological males to compete against women?
(06-24-2023, 03:21 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I just want to point out that neither of your examples are very good in the spirit of this conversation. Both of them do occur. Specifically, weight mismatched fights are more common and actually have a name - absolute. You’ll find absolute divisions in many combat sports where this is no weight class designations and a 140 pound person will fight someone much larger. Below is an example of such a match - a BJJ absolute match between a man who is 250 pounds and a man who is 149 pounds.

https://youtu.be/MNQ_tWbz_0c

For the other example, I am not sure how common it is but 7th and 8th graders can and do play varsity sports, if they are good enough. Trent Seaborn is an example of an 8th grader playing varsity and doing well. Age 12 is going to be sixth or seventh grade, which will be significantly rarer but you can find stories of seventh graders playing varsity.

Fail, your examples are pointing out competitors who elected to compete beyond their designated division.  No one asked these women if they wanted to compete against biological males.  I remember a story about a transfemale powerlifter who was shattering records as a woman, yet was ranked down near #100 when he was competing as a male.  That's not electing to level up, but rather than electing to bully a lesser talent pool.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - SunsetBengal - 06-24-2023, 03:28 PM