Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Is it OK for biological males to compete against women?
(06-25-2023, 03:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Don't worry boss...we'll do the work for you.

Now I couldn't find some trans power lifter who went from #100 (or so) to "shattering records" but it could be the person mention in this story who had her record broken by a man who didn't like trans people competing against women and who (probably) did have the legal right (under the rules of the competition) to have lifted as a "woman".

https://nypost.com/2023/03/30/male-powerlifter-enters-womens-event-breaks-record/

tl;dr The man did that thing y'all are afraid someone will do and just announced he was a woman and broke the records, despite (probably) not following the actual rules.  The record he broke was of a transperson who transitioned 20 years ago.

So maybe that's who your friend was talking about?  Maybe ask them so we have more clarity.

B

Yep, it's just that easy.  If the rule says "identify as" as opposed to "genetically being", you're going to continue seeing such, so long as genetically born Women keep having the sanctity of their division violated.  If they want to host a trans Division, let them compete there, but science dictates that there are advantages that humans born as male have over female when it comes to athletic competition.

And, my perspective comes from a point of "what's fair to most", rather than "we must accommodate everyone's whims", because allowing biological men to compete against women is unfair to a lot more biological women that it is fair to a very small number of trans women.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it OK for biological males to compete against women? - SunsetBengal - 06-25-2023, 04:08 PM