Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Ranks Our Team Weapons At #2 In The NFL!
(06-26-2023, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Disagree on Irv Smith Jr being a downgrade from Hayden Hurst if Irv can finally get healthy. We will see on that one, Irv is
really young still and he is due for a healthy season for once and Burrow just finds the open man. Irv could really benefit from
all the attention Ja'Marr and Tee will get. Would like to see us bring in another TE but for some reason Zac and our Offensive
coaches don't value TE near as much as any other team in the league. Bring back Wilcox at the very least.
So do I and I actually think he's a big upgrade talent-wise, but he hasn't been able to stay on the field, so that won't do us much good if he's injured.

It's hard for me to figure out why Zac and crew don't value tight ends as much, especially in this division. I get it that the traditional sense of the tight end has become devalued, but there were so many receiving tight ends in the draft and good offenses around the league find a way to use one. A big body in the middle of the field and up the seams just seems so hard to stop with defenses having to worry about Higgins and Chase on the outside.

Like I said, hopefully there's a cap casualty or a surprise cut that we can get.

(06-26-2023, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sample and Asiasi I have no faith in after Irv Smith.
Neither do I.........

(06-26-2023, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Charlie Jones was a great insurance pick for when Boyd leaves, expecting him to make an immediate impact on ST's as a Punt
Returner and relief WR in case one of our WR's get banged up. Iosivas is a talent, but he is raw and it will take a year or two
before he makes an impact IMO.
I think Jones could really surprise a lot of us and I think was a hell of a pick by this staff. So underrated. 

(06-26-2023, 02:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Boyd falling off a touch last year makes the #2 ranking make sense I guess, but like you said Brad. Boyd playing for his next 
contract could be a big deal and he could really ball out this year.

I'm hoping it makes him work even harder in practice to make sure he gets looks in games because that will make other players elevate their games as well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Ranks Our Team Weapons At #2 In The NFL! - BFritz21 - 06-26-2023, 02:21 PM