Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FA TE Contracts were low across the board
(06-25-2023, 10:09 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd argue it's about comparable to the Bengals.

Kroft has put up 400 yards before, whereas no one on the Bengals has. It's been 5 seasons though since he's done that.
Durham Smythe has put up over 350 yards while playing behind Gesicki.
I'd say it's fair to say, production-wise, Smith and Sample might be about on par with Kroft and Smythe.

Elijah Higgins, their 6th-rounder, had been pretty productive in college his last 2 years.
As a pure pass-catching TE, he might be able to make something of himself at some point in his career.

With all that said, yea I agree Dolphins is pretty bad, but I don't know if I would say it's definitively worse than the Bengals.
About the only thing that would make anyone think the Bengals have a better room is the hope that Irv Smith stays healthy and ascends to what they thought he could be after he took over TE1 duties from Rudolph prior to injuries happening.

Irv Smith has the injury history but also talent... The Dolphins TE group doesnt have that lol. Durham Smythe was the starting TE in 2022 he was also the worst blocking TE in the league and not a good receiver either. Tyler Kroft is 30 and on his 4th team in 4 years. Elijah Higgins has never played TE... maybe they can do something there...

Both these teams rooms are very bad but Ill take a chance on Irv Smith rather than Smythe and Kroft lol. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FA TE Contracts were low across the board - Synric - 06-26-2023, 07:03 PM