Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ESPN Ranks Our Team Weapons At #2 In The NFL!
(06-26-2023, 01:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: ESPN Ranks Every Group Of WRs, TEs, and RBs, and we come in at #2 behind San Fran!

I think Higgins would be a #1 on just about any other team, so it doesn't surprise me that him and Chase make up probably the best receiving duo in the league.

Sad that Boyd's probably gone after this season with the addition of Jones, and you might think he's expendable, but you have to think that he'll be doing his best to put out an audition tape for every other team to see, so that gets me excited about the depth of our receiving room.

I've said that ignoring TE in the draft with so many good ones meant that maybe we just don't value the TE position enough, but I'm hoping that we find a solid tight end that becomes a cap casualty for another team so we can upgrade the position, especially because of Smith's health concerns.

If he can stay healthy and avoid injury, I think Burrow could allow him to live up to his potential as a high second-round pick.

When Mixon runs downhill and doesn't dance, he's a damn good back. Even if he just pauses and picks his spots before he hits the hole, he's good, but dancing around in the backfield and then even once he gets going killed his production. I remember Burrow telling him "if we run the ball like that, no one can stop us."

We could still sign Dalvin cook, which would be huge, or maybe even Zeke Elliot.

With an offense as explosive as ours, we just can't have our back dancing around like Mixon does a lot, but hopefully he's over it. An improved line will also help whoever our back is.

Chase Brown could also surprise and be special!

They ranked San Fran as #1, which , yes, they have CMC and he might be the best back in the league if you factor in receiving, but I just don't see it.

They do have Kittle, who is a top TE in the league, and Samuel and Aiyuk are good, but they're no Higgins and Chase.

It's going to be a hell of a year!

WHO-DEY!

To the bolded - After hearing that they were hoping Kincaid fell to them, I don't think they devalue TE. I think they ideally do want a guy who can be a receiving threat. Like you, I hope there's someone who might hit waivers at cut time that the Bengals could be interested in, but I try not to get my hopes up for things like that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ESPN Ranks Our Team Weapons At #2 In The NFL! - ochocincos - 06-27-2023, 02:09 PM