Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-28-2023, 01:55 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They're clearly doing it ironically since the right wing media is obsessed with painting LGBTQ+ people as groomers.

That's likely the case, but who can say for certain?  That said, I agree with you.

Quote:With that said, I don't like the tactic. They're just opening the door to let right wing agitators claim the same thing. "Oh, we were just chanting 'Jews will not replace us' while we were carrying torches ironically. We're not actually anti-Semitic"

Worse than that, it's confirmation of what many on the right have been saying.  Intended ironically or not, it's now on the internet forever and will be used as proof just as long.  This also dovetails perfectly with arguments against pride at elementary schools or discussion of this topic with children under 14.  The whole thing is a very bad look

Quote:That isn't good for anyone.

Indeed it is not.  I've been saying for some time that the movement has gotten a bit full of themselves and have pushed too far.  There are absolutely anti-gay bigots in the "they're coming for our children" crowd, but I think a sizeable majority are people legitimately concerned about adults other than themselves discussing these issues with their kids and the intentions of those people.  And I think that group is only continuing to grow.  This clip right here almost certainly generated thousands more.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-28-2023, 02:08 PM