Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-28-2023, 02:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Worse than that, it's confirmation of what many on the right have been saying.  Intended ironically or not, it's now on the internet forever and will be used as proof just as long.  This also dovetails perfectly with arguments against pride at elementary schools or discussion of this topic with children under 14.  The whole thing is a very bad look

Yea. I can think of at least 1000 ways in which this tactic hurts the cause, but I can't think of any ways in which it may help the cause.

I get the urge to ridicule people via irony like this, I guess. If a group of people keep accusing you of the same thing over and over again with little or no evidence, it may be tempting to say "you know what? You're right. That's exactly what I'm doing. I am coming for your children. Yea...there's no other reason why I'd want to do this, you obviously know everything and you know my intentions better than I do. Are you happy now?" It may be a way to vent your frustrations.

But in a world where sound bites and headlines, especially out of context ones like this, are the only things people see or hear, giving the opposition easy points like this is just a terrible idea.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - CJD - 06-28-2023, 02:31 PM