Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-28-2023, 02:31 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yea. I can think of at least 1000 ways in which this tactic hurts the cause, but I can't think of any ways in which it may help the cause.

I get the urge to ridicule people via irony like this, I guess. If a group of people keep accusing you of the same thing over and over again with little or no evidence, it may be tempting to say "you know what? You're right. That's exactly what I'm doing. I am coming for your children. Yea...there's no other reason why I'd want to do this, you obviously know everything and you know my intentions better than I do. Are you happy now?" It may be a way to vent your frustrations.

But in a world where sound bites and headlines, especially out of context ones like this, are the only things people see or hear, giving the opposition easy points like this is just a terrible idea.

TBF though drag queens can do nothing that won't be seen by the opposition as bad.  Their mere existence is "proof" that they are "forcing it down our throats".

Have a show at a club?  Read to children at a library? Walk down the street?  None of that is acceptable to people who oppose their lifestyle choice.

Hell, the person could have been yelling that at protestors in a sarcastic manner for all I care.  Their minds were made up anyway.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - GMDino - 06-28-2023, 02:37 PM