Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-28-2023, 02:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Absolutely, and it couldn't come at a worse time.  Public sentiment is significantly turning against transgender participation in women's sports and this is likely true in other areas as well.  As Dill correctly pointed out earlier, a loud and radical minority arise in every movement, and in this case it is becoming the face of the movement in general for many people and nothing good will come of it (I would add that I am paraphrasing his point, he did not say that exactly).  The problem is that any attempts from within the movement to mitigate this issue is met with extreme hostility.  Until a sizeable number of people within the movement decide this has to stop it's only going to get worse.

You do realize you're doing the exact same thing you're accusing others of doing, right?  That being you're judging an entire group of people by the words and actions of their most extreme members.  The vast majority of people concerned about this issue are not bigots, but concerned parents or people who want women to be treated fairly.

Yeah, not sure what you're talking about here.  I was talking about marchers possibly being sarcastic toward protestors and how those protestors (and those who chose to use the said march and what was said as "proof") were not going to change their minds anyway.

Extreme or not the current narrative is that drag queens are bad "because of the children".  At least that's what we were talking about in this thread.

What does the OP have to do with women being treated fairly?  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - GMDino - 06-28-2023, 03:24 PM