Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-28-2023, 02:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: TBF though drag queens can do nothing that won't be seen by the opposition as bad.  Their mere existence is "proof" that they are "forcing it down our throats".

Have a show at a club?  Read to children at a library? Walk down the street?  None of that is acceptable to people who oppose their lifestyle choice.

Hell, the person could have been yelling that at protestors in a sarcastic manner for all I care.  Their minds were made up anyway.

When it comes to debate, or discussion, in a public sphere like the internet or through articles on forums, I've found that debating with those already entrenched in their opinions such as the OP will do nothing to convince them. But that's not why you do it. You do it because there are likely a fair number of observers who are either mildly to one side or another or completely neutral. Those are the people you are trying to convince.

If you just let the right wing message take hold or employ tactics like this that can be spun in the right's favor, then those neutrals may become leaning right and those leaning right may become hard right. It's all about damage prevention, in my opinion.

I get why you may feel like it's hopeless though, at least in the context of this message board. You're never going to convince a Brad or a Luvnit of anything positive about the left, after all.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - CJD - 06-28-2023, 03:40 PM