Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-28-2023, 03:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yeah, not sure what you're talking about here.

Really?  I thought it was pretty clear.

Quote:I was talking about marchers possibly being sarcastic toward protestors and how those protestors (and those who chose to use the said march and what was said as "proof") were not going to change their minds anyway.

I will directly quote you,

"TBF though drag queens can do nothing that won't be seen by the opposition as bad.  Their mere existence is "proof" that they are "forcing it down our throats".

Have a show at a club?  Read to children at a library? Walk down the street?  None of that is acceptable to people who oppose their lifestyle choice."

I pointed out that yes, extremists on that side of the issue are offended by the mere existence of trans/drag/gay people. I followed up by pointing out that those people are a small and loud minority.  You tarring everyone who objects to child drag shows or LGBT curriculum in schools with the same brush as those who are legitimate bigots is the exact same behavior you're accusing them of, tarring the entire LGBT community with the same brush as its most extreme and vocal members.  I'm honestly confused as to how this wasn't clear.

Quote:Extreme or not the current narrative is that drag queens are bad "because of the children".  At least that's what we were talking about in this thread.

And here you're doing it again.  I don't think the vast majority of those people who object to child drag shows or LGBT curriculum for children are against it because they hate the community of think of them as inherently bad.  A small percentage do, to be sure, but you make no distinction.  Again, tarring everyone with one big brush

Quote:What does the OP have to do with women being treated fairly?  

As we are speaking about the LGBT community as a whole I am obviously pointing out the same type of smearing occurs with those who oppose biological men in women's sports/spaces.  The majority of those opposed to this aren't opposed because they hate transgender people, but you'll certainly get labeled a transphobe if you express your opinion.  Again, I thought the meaning was rather clear.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-28-2023, 03:57 PM