Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-28-2023, 09:00 PM)samhain Wrote: I had to convince my wife to let me take my son to Bengals games when he was 8.  To be honest, he's seen and heard some shit.  Endless profanity, drunkeness, occasional violence and adults not quite acting like they do throughout the week.  Hell, he made 20 bucks when a woman next to him spilled some of her beer on his shoe and her husband felt bad about it.  I'm sure there are plenty of folks would object, but everyone isn't the same.

Shoe on the other foot, I about lost my mind when I saw a parent of a kid on his coach pitch baseball team crack open a Red Bull for her 6 year old.  

Not trying to tell others how to parent, but children are OUR responsibility, not the govt and not the media.  Tough for a child to be exposed to some things.  But you made a choice and it sounds like you are responsible for you actions.  That's all a parent can do.  We chose a more sheltered evironment for our daughter, but she was exposed to nasty humans very early on through school, but not telling those stories.

However in the case of the subject of this thread and sadly others like it, a parent can control the consumption of that content, and if they choose not to, that is onthem as a parent and not societies or the govt to fix.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - Stewy - 06-28-2023, 09:19 PM