Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-28-2023, 06:08 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I guess I am in the minority feeling threatening parents to come after their children is just wrong. I could care less if people want to dress in drag (as long as private body parts are covered. I don't consider myself right wing, but some of you want to label anyone that has different views right wing nuts.

I have no issue with alternate lifestyles, my brother in law was gay, we were great friends and i respected his choice.
We discuss figuring a way forward away from the hatred and divisiveness. Who believes this will be an olive branch to end the hatred? Or is just one more group trying to alienate parents who love their children and feel them, not schools or others should dictate when they are orientated into the sexual world.

As parents, these are our own individual children, not children of others as Biden likes to say. It was my responsible to control my children's life, no one else's. My wife and I educated our 3 daughters on or timeline, not someone else's timeline.

I am not a violent man, but if I feared anyone was coming for my children, they better come armed as I would put my life on the line to protect them.

So call me crazy or a right wing nut, but no one has the right to come for my children or threaten to come after my children or my grand children.

After reading the bolded, I went back and read every post here. No one has expressed an/defended a threat to "come after children."

But you somehow conclude that sharing this unanimous agreement places you in the minority.  

I don't see how you get there except by expanding a slogan shouted by one individual in a parade to represent an entire movement (whose spokespersons in the OP disavowed it), then mistaking forum members support for that movement's civil/human rights to be an endorsement of that unrepresentative slogan.

Additional note: No one labels people right wing because they have "different views." E.g., advocating the return of Native American lands  or the adoption of an Amish lifestyle is "different" (i.e., uncommon) but not explicitly right wing. 

People draw the "right wing" label in this forum by supporting right wing causes: promoting an authoritarian presidential candidate, and defending MAGA narratives about the "Biden Crime Family" and Dems weaponizing government. 

You've done all that, but don't consider yourself "right wing," though some might want to "label" you such.  

I don't mind being called left wing, even though it's usually by people who can't tell left from "leftist."*  Though a Social Democrat, I do vote Dem as the closest thing and don't turn my political views into pretzels by trying to style myself an "independent." I'm just suggesting there is no need to distance yourself from the consequences of your political commitments. If you really don't have much trouble deciding whether to vote Repub or Dem, why fudge yourself into false neutrality?

*One of the signal propaganda accomplishments of RWM is that an entire generation of Americans has grown up hearing center and even right liberal positions described as "leftist," so they absorb the term uncritically with no sense of its historical development and application.  While the label should be accurately applied to me, it has lost its descriptive power now that it has come to signify never Trumpers, any non-white form of identity politics, and the Democratic party as a whole, including leaders like Obama, Hilary, and Joe Biden.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - Dill - 06-28-2023, 09:38 PM