Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
It must be exhausting to be perpetually outraged over human behavior. Seriously, the right shows an equal level of outrage over little stuff such as a gay couple in a movie as they do actual real graphic horrific abuse.

Bud Light sends a single can of beer to a Trans TikTok performer and suddenly the sky is falling. Can’t drink a beer that a trans person must.
Target sells Pride merchandise and you can’t be seen there
A book tells the story of a child with 2 moms or 2 dads… ban them
A teacher teaches about a sordid, but important, piece of history and your poor baby can’t handle the truth so the entire topic must be shut down.
A child is read a story by a man in drag…run for the hills…a groomer is present. But they willingly force their child to church where he is far more likely to be groomed and abused.
Scream about parents rights as long as every parent is evangelical conservative then the government had to step in because heaven forbid let their child read the “wrong” book, or be trans, or gay.

There are outrageous people in this world. There have been since the dawn of time. Freaking out over them isn’t healthy. Naked people in the street in front of your child…tell them the adult was acting like an idiot and move on.

Yes, “coming for your children” was stupid but it was hardly earth shattering. Children hear worse. An adults job is to put that into perspective for the child instead of magnifying it out of proportion.

And before anyone dares to claim that I don’t care about kids
I care that instead of an open inclusive library that encourages reading and expanding horizons, they are being closed off for political purposes.
I care that instead of learning to respect others they are being told it is ok to marginalize those who may be different
I care that kids are being told to hide who they are so not to offend other students parents
I care that kids are being gunned down on a daily basis and the only thing being offered by conservatives is more guns ( oh and thoughts and prayers)
I care that kids leave school for a homeless shelter or inadequate housing
I care that kids aren’t getting enough healthy food to eat
I care that kids aren’t getting the physical, mental, vision, and dental healthcare they need.
I care that conservatives politicians have no ideas to solve the real problems facing children and families so they continually throw up hubris to distract from that reality.

Children have the right to learn everything and anything they desire…even if it may differ from what mom and dad want. They are individuals not a puppy.

We hear a lot about American exceptionalism. What makes America exceptional is the freedom to think what we want and be what we want. That’s what I want for our kids

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - pally - 06-28-2023, 11:31 PM