Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Are Republicans under estimating Joe Biden
Exclamation 
(06-28-2023, 12:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am very calm. I see a lot of people stating I am not representing the truth. So , I will recap and feel free to counter facts of things I state that are not true.

1. The DOJ spent over 50 million dollars on Russian collusion with Mueller investigation. Trump was never charged with a crime and cleared of Russian collusion.
2. Durham investigated the FBI and DOJ and why Trump was investigated initially. He found the FBI and DOJ had no verifiable proof of Trump wrong doing and we know the government used a fake dossier to trigger "Crossfire Hurricane".

I am ready hit the sack, but I do want to respond to these two claims right now.

1. The goal of the Russia investigation was to follow up on contacts between Trump team and Russian spies. So far as I know, the investigation was not started to "get Trump." It was to investigate a general threat to U.S. national security evident in the myriad Trump team members seeking--and making--illegal contact with Russian operatives. Since the investigation netted at least six convictions, I would hardly call it a waste of tax payer money. It also caused the ouster of some two dozen Russian operatives working in the U.S. 

Trump himself was not the target of investigation until he began obstructing it. Then he very publicly brought the investigation on himself, and the Mueller Report states that it could not exonerate him from that charge. Trump obstructed--same charge prepared against Nixon. That was up to Congress to handle, since the DOJ had a standing policy not to charge sitting presidents. Also remember that Barr stepped in to deflect the findings and declare "nothing there" before the public could read the report. That's what you call "weaponization of the DOJ." Since most of the Fox audience does not check primary texts, the "Trump was cleared of collusion" narrative was born, supported by myriad misrepresentations by Republican politicians and pundits. (see second link below.) 

Pretty sure this is not the first time I have explained this to you. 

2. Again with the "no verifiable proof of Trump wrong doing." As if you were applying the same the standard to allegations of Joe Biden's Chinese millions.

It is utterly false to say the Steele Dossier was used to trigger Crossfire Hurricane. This matters because, as I said above, Trump was NOT a target of investigation in 2016. When the Australian government contacted ours about the loose-lipped Papadapoulos, that's when it began, in July of 2016.  While some allegations of the Dossier were corroborated by U.S. intel in 2017, so far as I can tell it was still being compiled when Crossfire Hurricane began, and did not make its way into FBI hands until Sept or Oct. of 2016, AFTER the investigation had started. It did play a role in the later Carter Page wiretap in Oct. 2016. 
Code Name Crossfire Hurricane: The Secret Origins of the Trump Investigation
https://web.archive.org/web/20190502194756/https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/16/us/politics/crossfire-hurricane-trump-russia-fbi-mueller-investigation.html

WASHINGTON — Within hours of opening an investigation into the Trump campaign’s ties to Russia in the summer of 2016, the F.B.I. dispatched a pair of agents to London on a mission so secretive that all but a handful of officials were kept in the dark.

Their assignment, which has not been previously reported, was to meet the Australian ambassador, who had evidence that one of Donald J. Trump’s advisers knew in advance about Russian election meddling. After tense deliberations between Washington and Canberra, top Australian officials broke with diplomatic protocol and allowed the ambassador, Alexander Downer, to sit for an F.B.I. interview to describe his meeting with the campaign adviser, George Papadopoulos.

The agents summarized their highly unusual interview and sent word to Washington on Aug. 2, 2016, two days after the investigation was opened. Their report helped provide the foundation for a case that, a year ago Thursday, became the special counsel investigation. But at the time, a small group of F.B.I. officials knew it by its code name: Crossfire Hurricane.

The Steele Dossier origin is entirely a fabrication of Republican pols.
https://www.factcheck.org/2019/03/dossier-not-what-started-all-of-this/

Off to bed now . . . .
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Republicans under estimating Joe Biden - Dill - 06-29-2023, 03:33 AM