Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-28-2023, 06:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It is wrong.  My concern is that these extreme views and threats are being bootstrapped to our current democrat party, which is a very centrist party...which puts us in danger of turning to the only other political alternative we have right now which is a lot more authoritarian than I think most people want.

We get 2 political parties and that blows, but the idea of the only one that is anywhere left of "very much right" being treated as the "pro people promising to molest your kids" party simply has me concerned that people wishing for politics to become a bit more centralized and logical are going to get the opposite of what they want.

If enough voters accept that one of our two political parties is pro child molestation then we are technically getting closer and closer to having 1 single party in this country.  And if intentionally incendiary trans people are going to help us get to that point, they're going to find themselves under attack and without any allies very soon.

I don't like this, and I don't like the way I fear people are going to react to it.  Making it super easy for one political party to win makes that party a breeding ground for some opportunistic and not so beneficial politicians.   

Basically this.  We can agree that violence against people who intend to harm our children is justified, and now we're getting closer to having an entire group of people who are fair game.  And the political party that most supports them is guilty by association.  We're getting closer to giving each other a reason to accept violence against each other.

The enemy is no longer "over there" the enemy is here.  This seems pretty troublesome, but meh...what can ya do?

Not to change the subject, but was curious if you could elaborate on bolded part of your post.  I see it get thrown around a lot and as an Independent I am curious, because what I see in life does not match that.

Being in NY, I see the Dem party as the ones who are over the top authoritarian.  The Dem party wants to ban ICE vehicles, ban heat sources, appliances, ultra restrictive gun laws, get rid of fossil fuels, force an experimental vax, forced masking, forced lockdowns, vax passports, etc, etc.   That's all coming from the Left.  ESG scores, CRT in schools, people chanting we are coming for your children, all on the Left.

What authoritarian policies are you referring to that would be on the Right?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - Mickeypoo - 06-29-2023, 08:48 AM