Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
Sad 
(06-29-2023, 08:48 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Not to change the subject, but was curious if you could elaborate on bolded part of your post.  I see it get thrown around a lot and as an Independent I am curious, because what I see in life does not match that.

The short version is that the current GOP is promoting the will of the few over the will of the people when it comes to government.  Removing duly elected politicians like Liz Cheney, Zooey Zephyr, Justin Jones, and Justin Pearson for various perceived offences they've caused.  Claiming that voters aged 18-24 need to have their right to vote revoked. Attempting to foster a system of democracy where a handful of electors for a state can ignore the will of the people via the vote totals and cast their EC votes for the candidate who lost the statewide election.  Casting doubt upon the legitimacy of actual democratically elected policies, and so on

My simple view is that the GOP is making it look pretty appealing to reduce the amount of power the people have, because most of the people don't want what they declare is the right thing...and if most people don't want the right thing then you have to have a strong leader who will enforce the law and protect the citizens from what they don't even realize is dangerous.

You have issues with a list of policies, but you also have the freedom to vote for politicians who don't support those things.  When you are a political party that says that people shouldn't always have the right to do so, you're the authoritarian leaning one, in my eyes.  So this isn't about specific policy, it's about one side making it very palatable for people to agree to yield power as long as they are convinced the representation of the few will suit their desires in the short-term.

The GOP is currently led by someone whose main statement is that our democracy is rigged and flawed and causing our country to elect people who will ruin this country, rather than appointing people who will save it.  Sure, the GOP can pretend it's fair to just "make" Trump the president, etc, but that doesn't mean they're on the side of democracy.  It's a smokescreen and if you push it, people will admit that democracy giving us Joe Biden just means that democracy isn't all it's cracked up to be.

FINAL EDIT - The GOP has admitted that when people vote, they lose.  They need to change this country to accept the will of the view over the powerful few of the majority since they can't seem to change their views and policies to win the votes of the many.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - Nately120 - 06-29-2023, 12:55 PM