Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-29-2023, 02:17 PM)Lucidus Wrote: If the outrage concerning the perceived grooming and targeting of children is genuine in the subforum, one should be able to find ongoing discussions about the actual, verified patterns of such instances, such as the never ending cases of clergy members not only grooming and targeting children, but actually abusing them physically and mentally. 

It seems these discussions rarely get touched upon though, even though clergy members are getting arrested, prosecuted and convicted on a daily basis in this country. However, there is no outrage. Instead, the clergy community just keeps actually doing the very things the drag / transgender communities are being accused of.

I find it very hard to take the outrage seriously when a blind eye is turned and voices are silent in regards to very real and demonstrable grooming, targeting and abuse that happens every day in churches, youth groups, religious schools, etc. across the US and the world. 

Why is that topic, that outrage, almost nonexistent in this subforum, and usually gets dismissed when it is brought up? Why is it that the outage is so unproportionate? Perhaps those asserting transgender grooming and targeting on a daily basis in this subforum could explain?

I get that your post is coming from a personal place of frustration and unhappiness, but I really hate to see posts like this.  It comes off as deflecting, which is, for many, tacit admission that there is a groomer problem in the gay community.  I've stated several times, I've fought tooth and nail against the gay=pedophile trope on this board for well over a decade, long before you started posting in here.  The movement is not helping that cause at the moment.  There are too many people attempting to excuse or mitigate unacceptable conduct as they view it as an attack on everyone in the community.  Those who do speak up from a position of concern, such as Fred Sargeant, are viscously attacked.  The LGBT community needs to do a far better job of policing/calling out their own as fringe elements are constantly giving their detractors ammunition to use against them.  I'm literally seeing decades of progress being eroded due to a failure in this regard, and it bothers me deeply.

As for the Catholic Church, they've been lambasted over this issue for years.  I would take issue to the frequency you cite, especially as it has no proof attached, but there is literally not one defender of the Church's conduct in this regard on this board.  Your post, while well intentioned and from a place of sincerity, misses the mark.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-29-2023, 03:44 PM