Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-29-2023, 03:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I get that your post is coming from a personal place of frustration and unhappiness, but I really hate to see posts like this.  It comes off as deflecting, which is, for many, tacit admission that there is a groomer problem in the gay community.  I've stated several times, I've fought tooth and nail against the gay=pedophile trope on this board for well over a decade, long before you started posting in here.  The movement is not helping that cause at the moment.  There are too many people attempting to excuse or mitigate unacceptable conduct as they view it as an attack on everyone in the community.  Those who do speak up from a position of concern, such as Fred Sargeant, are viscously attacked.  The LGBT community needs to do a far better job of policing/calling out their own as fringe elements are constantly giving their detractors ammunition to use against them.  I'm literally seeing decades of progress being eroded due to a failure in this regard, and it bothers me deeply.

As for the Catholic Church, they've been lambasted over this issue for years.  I would take issue to the frequency you cite, especially as it has no proof attached, but there is literally not one defender of the Church's conduct in this regard on this board.  Your post, while well intentioned and from a place of sincerity, misses the mark.

This is an age-old argument concerning all marginalized communities fighting for equal rights.  Do you be a "good" minority so as not to upset the majority and work quietly within the mainstream to get ahead or do you scream loud and proud from the trees that you are here?

you had conventional abolitionist William Lloyd Garrison vs John Brown
you had Susan B Anthony & Elizabeth Cady Staton vs Alice Paul and Ida B Wells
MLK vs Malcolm X
Cleve Jones vs Larry Kramer

Conventional guys want to sway the world over to their viewpoint.  Radicals want to upset the apple cart.

Success comes from the efforts of both sides.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - pally - 06-29-2023, 04:13 PM