Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(06-29-2023, 04:13 PM)pally Wrote: This is an age-old argument concerning all marginalized communities fighting for equal rights.  Do you be a "good" minority so as not to upset the majority and work quietly within the mainstream to get ahead or do you scream loud and proud from the trees that you are here?

you had conventional abolitionist William Lloyd Garrison vs John Brown
you had Susan B Anthony & Elizabeth Cady Staton vs Alice Paul and Ida B Wells
MLK vs Malcolm X
Cleve Jones vs Larry Kramer

Conventional guys want to sway the world over to their viewpoint.  Radicals want to upset the apple cart.

Success comes from the efforts of both sides.

I would argue that the LGBT community is far from marginalized in most of the country.  In fact, they're literally immune from any criticism or you risk being labeled a pariah.  At the basic level, you're not addressing my point at all, simply saying that this happens all the time.  Your Malcolm X example is interesting, especially considering why he was killed and by whom.

But keep on the current tack and see how it works out for you.  I see it as counter-productive, you don't.  I highly doubt your position will be vindicated in time, you clearly feel differently.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-29-2023, 04:27 PM