Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden overstepped his authority and SC stopped loan forgiveness
(06-30-2023, 12:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: There are a ton of programs in place to help those with issues paying back their student loans. I guess I look at it differently, these young people need to understand if you sign a contract, you will be and accountable to honor the contract. It could be a car loan, a mortgage or a host of things. Maybe future students will work and go to college so when they get out they do not have a mountain of student debt. I am proud to say all 3 of my daughters did just that. All of them got financial aide for academics and one played Division 1 soccer at UD. My daughters worked a couple of days a week while school was in session and then got full time jobs in the summer.

Life is about choices. One of my daughters lived and home and commuted to UC main campus for 4 years. Her goal was a great education to get a great career job upon graduation. She did just that. Her goal was not to stay on campus and party. Room and board is very expensive. Again, not only did she walk away with no debt, but she had a down payment once she got married for a house 9 months after graduation.

Choices

Right now I have 7 grandchildren in college. 2 have sports scholarships and academic money. Five have scholarships (academics). All 7 of them work full time jobs in the summer. My 8th grandchild starts college at UK soon, he works 6 days a week, 2 jobs to get ready for the cost of college.  I also have to with degrees and now are working on their masters.

My kids and grandkids made choices, they make personal sacrifices. But they all decided to limit student loan debt. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden overstepped his authority and SC stopped loan forgiveness - GMDino - 06-30-2023, 12:41 PM