Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden overstepped his authority and SC stopped loan forgiveness
(06-30-2023, 01:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I think your position then is likely the norm for most kids.  As you say, it's a shame because it can save you serious money and you end up with the exact same degree.

People are going to change the way they go about things, be it trade school or community colleges etc.  The real question if if the new "smart ways" to go about getting a degree or skill aren't going to become new targets for exploitation and grift as traditional colleges became.

Going to a traditional college used to be a wise way to get ahead in life, it is no longer the case...are the next wise avenues going to be immune from this?  We shall see.  Man, when I went to college the smart thing to do was to get into the housing market and start fishing that lake dry before someone else did.  Those were the times.

(06-30-2023, 01:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Now, something like UBI I could back.  If it affects every person then I'm all for it  I'd even back limits like no one who nets more than $1 million a year is eligible.  But the idea of poor people paying for other people's college degrees just rankles.  It's patently unfair, as is what you're describing.

"Life isn't fair" used to be the mantra of the old conservatives in my life.  It blows goats that stuff suddenly had to get fair when I got a shot at a slice of that sweet handout pie.  Damn it all.  Oh well...being poor makes me like, go to heaven or something. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden overstepped his authority and SC stopped loan forgiveness - Nately120 - 06-30-2023, 01:48 PM