Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(07-02-2023, 12:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It would be easier to let it go if it was acknowledged that it was used in extremely poor taste.  But, you're right, time to move on.

I have much more sympathy for this argument when we're talking about adolescents.  When we're talking about children I in no way support the state superseding the rights of parents to decide what sexual topics their children are exposed to in an official setting such as school.  You'll note the utter lack of compromise on the pro-teach children about sex side.  I've stated I would be fine if the lesson plan was provided in full to the parents, who could then decide to opt their child out based on the information that would be shared.  Nope, not good enough.  If the state wants it then parents be damned.  I'd be very leery of anyone who claims to know what is best for a child over the wishes of the child's parents.  We're not talking about obvious abuse here, for those inclined to misinterpret this point (again, not you).

I said numerous times that parents have the option to remove the child from the lessons and that they have access to the teaching material...both things they currently have.

Then why is the state interfering with the healthcare decisions of some parents...with the full support of the conservative community?

You are a prime example of a conservative who screams parent's rights as long as they reflect YOUR values and ideas.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - pally - 07-02-2023, 01:40 PM