Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Biden overstepped his authority and SC stopped loan forgiveness
(07-03-2023, 08:55 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I don't recall Leon stating his family was given farm land 120 years ago. My hunch is his family bought the land as an investment. I have no idea is the purchaser was 30 years old or 60 years old, but I assume they earned the money and no one gave it to them because they were white.

Leon also made a decision, to work the farm with his family. Farming is very hard work, you dismiss it because he is a white male. You are right about one thing, it is a far different America in 2023 than it was in 1960. Racism will always exist with the ignorant. A racist can be any color of skin in today' world. We are not a perfect country, but time for everyone to look forward versus what happened a long time ago.

I applaud Leon for his path, I applaud LeBron James for his work ethic to become one of the best BB players (with MJ) of all time. I applaud Obama for becoming the POTUS for not 1, but 2 terms. I am hopeful we will soon see a woman become POTUS, not because she is a woman or the color of her skin, but because the nation feels she is best to run our great country.

I never dismissed his hard work. His forefathers, I'm sure, worked hard to obtain the money to purchase the land as well.  However, he was bragging that no one ever gave his family a thing and that is not true.  He was given, via inheritance, a fully functioning farm with equipment.  Property his family was able to buy at a time when most non-white, non-male citizens were locked out of land purchases.   People like Leon,  apparently don't have the ability to understand that his family benefitted 120 years ago by having an advantage in being able to purchase that land, and as a result, he continues to benefit today by owning property that has increased in value with a great deal of equity.  His ancestor did nothing to obtain that advantage other than being white and male.  Just pointing out facts

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden overstepped his authority and SC stopped loan forgiveness - pally - 07-03-2023, 10:14 PM