Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Drag March "Coming for your children"
(07-03-2023, 06:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: But, they could absolutely teach their children their own beliefs at home without fear of government repercussions.  That would be covered by the 1st Amendment.

(07-03-2023, 06:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You could, but you're fighting powerful forces at home. The parent has had the kid around them the entire life of that child.  The school gets them 5-6 hours a day for around 60% of the year, or less.

(07-03-2023, 06:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It depends.  A lot of parents, of all ethnicities, have issues with DEI/CRT style curriculum for various reasons.  These aren't hard scientific facts, they're social sciences.

(07-03-2023, 06:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: With a sensitive subject like sex the line gets a bit blurred. There should be parental involvement as we've discussed, if only to decide the level of their child's participation.

Can't disagree with any of that. Also, none of it alters my perspective on the question at hand.

(07-03-2023, 06:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're always going to get hard line outlier types.  That's not what we're seeing now.  We're seeing a very different thing here.  It's a ground swell of parental anger on this issue, and it's not confined to hard right people, by any means.  The Glendale incident of late, in a deep blue area, is further proof of this.
(07-03-2023, 06:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Fake outrage is absolutely in bed with real outrage at this point.  My main point would be to reiterate that this is far from a evangelical and far right issue at this point.

I was not trying to argue, in fact I tried to actively avoid that impression, that it is all just fake outrage. Eg. I guess there is quite some deliberate provocation in play too, as there usually is. What I would say is that there is also a prong of fake outrage involved, grounded in some of the popular culture war tropes so many forces thrive on. Which is what makes the debate about this and most other topics so difficult, that this outrage culture already took hold of it. But I am sorry to have put this aspect here, one that is not all that specific and to me would work in almost any other thread as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Drag March "Coming for your children" - hollodero - 07-04-2023, 11:24 AM