Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it TRANSPHOBIC if lesbians refuse to date a trans woman?
(07-05-2023, 01:09 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: No. Everyone has preferences and are completely free to seek out those preferences. As a parallel, someone who doesn't want to date a person who is bi-sexual is not in turn a homophobe. Now, could they be a homophobe? Sure, but that preference alone doesn't make them so.

Could a lesbian who doesn't want to date a transgender person be a transphobe? Sure, but that preference alone doesn't make it so.

That is a good point about people having the freedom of their own preferences and ability to speak out about them.  However, I'm beginning to wonder if the entire PC community isn't mislabeling peoples dislike of transfolk and transculture as "phobic"?  When I look up the definition of phobia, I get "an anxiety disorder involving excessive and persistent fear of a situation or object".  If there is no fear of trans, but only a dislike, is it really "transphobic"?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it TRANSPHOBIC if lesbians refuse to date a trans woman? - SunsetBengal - 07-05-2023, 01:15 PM